Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Weather Paradox

Fell asleep with the window wide open last night. It was too much not to listen to the rain.
The sky this morning was a shocking combination of dark, looming clouds, mixed in with pure blue fingers. It was as if it couldn't decide what to be, so it chose both.

For me, storms are sort of paradoxical. The worse they are, the more threatening the appear (by sound or sight), the more I like them. They're more exciting, more thrilling. If there's one thing I can't stand, its indecisive weather. You know what I mean, those gray, muddy days, when the air chills you, yet the thermometer says you don't need a jacket. It's hard to know what to do with weather like that.

It's lightening up now, if you're interested in a Connecticut weather report. A whole blanket of pale blue with white clouds whispering it's going to be a fine day, don't worry.

While I go out and discover something more thrilling to write about than weather, (apologies fort this, but I had to get something out.) have a listen to Dr. Dog. I have been listening to them pretty much nonstop the past three days. It's not even that they're that good. They have a few chilling lyrics, and a decent sound, and so I added all their albums to Spotify and hit replay.

Here are just a few of my favorites: Ain't It Strange (Album We All Belong); I've Just Got to Tell You (Album Takers and Leavers) ; My Friend (From the ambitiously named album Fate)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...