Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Saturday Songs

I was gone this Saturday,
and I'm far too tired to write anything significant right now.

So I'll make up for my missed Saturday
by leaving you with this great song by Iron & Wine--!

I recently burned it to a CD intended for night driving or grey-weather driving. The whole mix is sweet and thoughtful like this song. (Other favorites from this mix: Jackie Wants a Black Eye, Girl In The War, Your Ex-Lover is Dead)

So have a listen, and come back for some writing tomorrow. Should be a good day if my thoughts hold out and my sunburn doesn't distract me too much (I forgot how important sunscreen is, and persisted to lay in the incredibly warm sun for 6 hours on Saturday...paying for that neglect now as I douse myself in aloe. Awesome.)

Where the prayers run like weeds along the road
I saw strangers stealing kisses,
Giving only their clothes, only their clothes
-Walking Far from Home by Iron & Wine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...