Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Turn up the noise

Highly entertained tonight by the GOP debate tonight,  followed by The Daily Show, which gave me some perspective.

I learned a lot tonight:
  • Michelle Bachman has had more foster kids than were in my elementary school class
  • She also thinks that submission is equal to respect
  • A pizza delivery man wants to lead my country
  • You can preach equality while still refusing to pass a bill legalizing gay marriage on the federal level
  • Iowans deep fry butter.

Furthermore,

        Mitt Romney believes that the "ideal place to raise a child is in a home with a mom and a dad." However, our very successful current president was raised by his mother and grandmother. In fact, the idea of a traditional family is rapidly changing these days...there is no such thing as a cookie-cutter family in this country.

        When Santorum stated [on abortion], "To be victimized twice would be a horrible thing. We should surround these women and help them," I agreed. We should support women who cannot support their children. I'd like to see Santorum himself going around and handing out blankets, diapers and food to every pregnant woman across this nation who cannot raise her baby, and could not get an abortion. Once I see him do that, I'll begin to consider his candidacy and validity.

        I could go on and on about the ridiculousness of politics,
but I'd rather not.
        I'm going to read some more of my Joshua Foer book, and get some sleep.
But before I do that, I'm going to watch the Colbert Report...
And you should get your dose of Steven Colbert too:  click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...