Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Variety Hour

Been a bit too busy to sit and write these past few days. Too busy to get something good onto the page. So this is Variety Hour, a few random snippits of cool stuff I've found, heard, or seen, just to spice things up. 

Invitation:
It is not what you think, this reaching across the generations. There is no effort of will, no fierce glare in the face of the sideways dance of everyday. There is only the quiet house each morning, filled with soft breathing while you hold your tea in the cool air & always that moment when your love spreads a cloth upon the table & invites the whole day in again.
This is a small snippet from StoryPeople, a group of artists who enjoy writing about what makes life unique or strange. They have some great stuff on their site, including note cards with fabulous stuff on them.

The bumper of an awesome little retro car. I often engage in this fantasy in which I'm wearing a classic 1930s outfit, with my hair curled and tied back in a handkerchief and funky glasses on, sitting next to someone dressed like Jay Gatsby. We're listening to show tunes or something like this, having an amazing time.

A landscape shot of Vermont. Who knew it was so beautiful there? (They may have no major cities or a bustling population, but they have fantastic ice cream and cheese!!)

 Finished this great book last night, A Short History of Women by Kate Walbert. It follows the lives of roughly 8 women, spanning across 3 or 4 generations, and tells their tales of triumph, war, love and desperation. I found it marvelous. Her writing techniques really  hooked me, and toward the end I could not put it down.



Time for coffee. Sitting on my porch because I'm up awfully early this morning, so I thought I'd enjoy the brightness of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...